Now if you ask me my dad makes the best bread and butter pudding (and if you ask him about it, he is guaranteed to shrug his shoulders and say “it’s a Delia recipe, it’s nothing”).Read more
If we are being honest I may of picked up a few extra pounds over Christmas. This week I have been to Large and Legging it and have recommitted to healthy eating, healthy living and remembering to wash my plastic containers before putting them in the recycling bin.
Marks and Spencer’s Neighbourly delivery from Skills and Care this week included a lot of root vegetables that are stodgy enough to fill you up. But as I know from the 17th quality street I consumed last week, every little bite counts. So this leek and potato soup cuts out the sautéing of the leeks and replaces cream/ crème fraiche with zero fat Greek Yogurt.Read more
Family wellbeing is at the heart of our organisation. The activities and projects our families create our centered around challenging isolation and promoting a holistic approach to wellbeing. Basically it means we believe you cant really improve your body without really improving your mind or environment.
Every Tuesday afternoon we have a range of wellbeing and mindfulness activities for underfives and thier families.
1 Medium Onion
2 Sticks of Celery
1 Medium Leek
2 Clove of Garlic
2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
3 Medium Potatoes
1.4 Litres of Vegtable Stock
200g Fresh Cabbage
100g Peas/Broad Beans
1) Place a large pot on medium heat add olive oil
2) When it hot add onion, celery, leek and garlic and cook for 15 minutes or until tender~
3) Add potatoes, corgettes and a pinch of salt and pepper
4) Add vegetable stock and turn the heat up to boil and reduce the heat cook for 20 minutes
5) Add peas and beans and cabbage for 4 minutes or until tender
6) Blend until smooth and add seasoning to taste
7) Serve with a surplus roll from the Neighbourly Project.