SEND Morning - Monday's 10am - 12pm (Term time only)
Who are we....
Play Plus is a music and arts community project open to children age 0 - 5 where there is a concern about speech or behaviour or a diagnosis of SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities).
It’s a safe and nurturing space and our team are supportive and have experience in this area from their own journeys. It's a great place to make new friends and we are thankful to Children in Need for their support to create our great group.
We have a calm environment for both children and parents with access to a secure outside space.
Each week we theme our session from great children’s books and include story telling, sensory play and different entertaining and educational activities that support your children's development, communication and confidence.
We have local artists and therapists join us too from story tellers, musicians and gymnasts. It's great to have so much fun together.
Our SEND Team
It has been nice to meet other parents with children who have additional needs, it’s nice not to feel like people are trying to work out what’s wrong with your child. people are comfortable to ask questions or just to accept without judgement.
Where are we...
Near the Cemetery Lane Entrance of Charlton Park. There is a free car park near the play park, and we are on the 422, 486, 53, 54 & 380 bus routes.
Play Plus is kindly funded by Children in Need.
Join the Big Red Bus team online at 1.30pm every week day for songs & stories and to share our best stay at home activities, as we experiment with going online.
Our first story Peace at Last, read by Annie, follows poor old Daddy Bear and his nocturnal adventure trying to get some sleep in the noisest house in the world!
Find us by clicking this link https://zoom.us/j/541010432 at 1.30pm on Wednesday 18 March- please log on promptly, so we can all say hi before we start the story!
Big Red Bus Club is a volunteer led family wellbeing centre. We are a dynamic local charity in a period of consilidation after sucessfull growth. Since becoming a charity in December 2016, we have started new projects and successfully diversified funding streams to underpin our future as an organisation.
The overall role of the treasurer is to maintain an overview of the BRBC financial affairs, ensure its financial viability and ensure that proper financial records and procedures are established and maintained. We are looking for an individual with financial experience and the experience to support our ambition and growth plans.
This oppourtunity has opened up due to the relocation overseas of the exsisting postholder, who will be available remotely to whoever becomes part of the team.
For a PDF of the Job description click here>>
Outdoor All Weather Stay and Play
We have really missed everyone during lockdown and will be running limited stay and play sessions throughout the autumn term. We are fortunate enough to have a large outdoor space so we can enjoy playing outside in the fresh air in the upcoming weeks.
The safety and welfare of families, staff and volunteers is our top priority, so we kindly ask that all families adhere to the safety measures we have implemented, so that we can ensure the safest experience possible for everyone.
We recommend that you read this information carefully to understand everything you need to know before you visit, what to expect when you visit and how to book.
Find out more about your new outdoor stay and play and how we are working hard to keep everybody safe:
When will we reopen?
Big Red Bus Club will reopen on Tuesday 22nd September.
Bookings are time and date specified only and booked only online.
Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 10am – 12pm term time only.
Who can visit
10 individual households in total for each session – a household will consist of only one adult and children under five who live in the same home.
Please let us know the day before if you can't attend or as soon as you can, non attenders may be unable to book tickets for future sessions.
Please do be patient with us as we take your whole households temperature and check you in. If anyone in your household has a temperature higher than 37.8 degrees Celsius you will not be admitted.
By entering our premises and signing in you are confirming your whole household has not had any signs or symptoms of Covid in the last five days.
- Toilets are available inside and a strict one household, one way system is in place. This will mean when one person needs to go, the whole household needs to go with them.
- Baby changing facilities will be available in the toilets.
- We will ask you to wipe toilet, basin, changing tray and door handle after use with the wipes provided.
- The tuckshop is closed and food and snacks are prohibited, with the exceptions of breast and bottle.
- Face coverings for adults are mandatory in the building.
- We’ve added additional signage to remind staff, families and volunteers of social distancing and handwashing guidelines.
- Additional hand sanitiser points have been implemented around the play area and adults will be responsible for children hand sanitising between using each new play equipment or undertaking new activities..
- Regular cleaning will be carried out of toys and equipment and we ask the children do not bring toys (including scooters and bikes) into the grounds.
- Please avoid touching anything including the climbing frames and toys unless you are under five, this includes others not in your household including children.
- Please do not visit if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or have any underlying health conditions that may put you at risk. If you are vulnerable in any way, it is your responsibility to make the right choice for yourself and others around you. Please follow the advice given at https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
Navigating the Big Red Bus Club
- Entrance and exit into play sessions will be timed to avoid congestion at the front gate and signing in station.
- There will be a one way route through the building to access toilets.
- Only the outdoor areas is available for play.
- Please keep an eye on the floor for spaces to wait before entering the pinch points of the gate, toilets and hand sanitiser stations.
The guidelines are changing on a regular basis and we are following them closely and will keep working hard to react to any changes as quickly as we can.
Booking 3 EASY STEPS
1 Read these information above - if you need help or to clarify anything email us firstname.lastname@example.org
2 Preregister your household contact details https://www.thebigredbusclub.com/outdoor_stay_and_play
If you can also print out and bring along the signed paper registration and rules of the club on your first visit that would be great. But don’t worry, we have spares when you arrive. Paper user form (word) >>
Thanks to all at L&Q and RocketLab for supporting us during this time.
You know you have those days when you get home and just don't want to stand in front of the cooker for the whole night. Well I had one of those nights last night.Read more
Help us cut food waste
Working with Fareshare the Big Red Bus Club will be helping to redistribute surplus food. Deliveries are Tuesday and Thursday, families can help ensure they help cut down food waste by come along and just taking whatever surplus items provided by our local Tesco Stores.
We know cooking can be tough, especially when your exhausted, on this blog you can share your hints, tips and recipes so you can help other families in the same situation. Just email Tara on email@example.com or on Facebook with your words and images and we will post it up! Here's our last blog to give some ideas, find out more>>
When you are ready for the next step there are some great family friendly ESOL providers in and near Charlton. Here are just a few Entry Level 1 ESOL providers, Alex and Iryna will be happy to help you contact them.
In Greenwich Entry Level 1 ESOL classes are provided free.
Robert Owen and Pound Park Children Centres Wednesday 9.30am - 11.30am its only £2 for a creche, where they will love after your under children under five years old while you learn.
At Brookhill Childrens Centre there is no creche. The course is free and is on Mondays 1pm-3pm to find out more>>>
Alex has kindly provided some online links to help practice English