We are re back for the Autumn/ Winter 2021 term with our free regular morning Stay and Play for you and your under fives to meet other families, enjoy fun activities and share our post lockdown parenting adventures. Now running Tuesday - Friday we are relaxing some rules (yes we are opening inside) so do keep checking with Aum.
Also back for this term in the afternoons are Speak Up (English Language), Baby Blues Choir, Sing, Sign and Stories and a whole host of new running groups across Greenwich.
Meeting Friday afternoons, our free Baby Blues Choir is a hectic, loud and bubbly chance to sing with other post pandemic mums while your under fives join in and generally cause mayhem in a playgroup environment.
We can't guarantee the orchestral quality of the music, but we can promise you will meet others, make friends and learn the basics of being in a choir. Each session includes fun musical activities,
Previous choirs have performed for family and friends, at large festivals and for local community events, but more importantly have met weekly to make friends to share thier motherhood journeys with after a challenging year.
To book your place visit Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/169614007061
Kindly supported by Greenwich Charitable Trust
The kids from the Big Red Bus Club, Pump It Up summer music programme, as part of the National Lottery 25th anniversary celebration, have released thier first music demo track.
The band spent a whole week working with local musicians exploring different elements of music to compose thier own track based on thier experiences this year and hopes for the future.
Join the Big Red Bus team online at 1.30pm every week day for songs & stories and to share our best stay at home activities, as we experiment with going online.
Our first story Peace at Last, read by Annie, follows poor old Daddy Bear and his nocturnal adventure trying to get some sleep in the noisest house in the world!
Find us by clicking this link https://zoom.us/j/541010432 at 1.30pm on Wednesday 18 March- please log on promptly, so we can all say hi before we start the story!
Big Red Bus Club is a volunteer led family wellbeing centre. We are a dynamic local charity in a period of consilidation after sucessfull growth. Since becoming a charity in December 2016, we have started new projects and successfully diversified funding streams to underpin our future as an organisation.
The overall role of the treasurer is to maintain an overview of the BRBC financial affairs, ensure its financial viability and ensure that proper financial records and procedures are established and maintained. We are looking for an individual with financial experience and the experience to support our ambition and growth plans.
This oppourtunity has opened up due to the relocation overseas of the exsisting postholder, who will be available remotely to whoever becomes part of the team.
For a PDF of the Job description click here>>
Outdoor Stay and Play
Our exciting, incredible and thoroughly enjoyable under five stay and play is back for autumn weekday mornings Tuesday - Friday. We have amended some of the Covid rules we had in place so please do familiarise yourself before attending.
The welfare of families, staff and volunteers is our top priority, so we kindly ask that all families adhere to the safety measures we have implemented, so that we can ensure the safest experience possible for everyone.
We recommend that you read this information carefully to understand everything you need to know before you visit, what to expect when you visit and how to book.
Find out more about your new outdoor stay and play and how we are working hard to keep everybody safe:
Guarantee your space by booking online - but also families can just come without booking.
Tuesday to Friday 10am – 12pm term time only.
Who can visit
Individual households – a household will consist of adults and children under five who are from the same household or family. This does not include professional childcare providers.
Please let us know the day before if you can't attend or as soon as you can.
Please do be patient with us as we take your whole households temperature and check you in. If anyone in your household has a temperature higher than 37.8 degrees Celsius you will not be admitted.
By entering our premises and signing in you are confirming your whole household has not had any signs or symptoms of Covid in the last five days.
- Toilets are available inside and a strict one household, one way system is in place. This will mean when one person needs to go, the whole household needs to go with them.
- Baby changing facilities will be available in the toilets.
- We will ask you to wipe toilet, basin, changing tray and door handle after use with the wipes provided.
- The tuckshop is closed and food and snacks are prohibited, with the exceptions of breast and bottle.
- Indoors will be open with a strict 10 household/ adult limit
- Face coverings for adults are mandatory in the building.
- We’ve added additional signage to remind staff, families and volunteers of social distancing and handwashing guidelines.
- Additional hand sanitiser points have been implemented around the play area and adults will be responsible for children hand sanitising between using each new play equipment or undertaking new activities..
- Regular cleaning will be carried out of toys and equipment and we ask the children do not bring toys (including scooters and bikes) into the grounds.
- Please do not visit if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or have any underlying health conditions that may put you at risk. If you are vulnerable in any way, it is your responsibility to make the right choice for yourself and others around you. Please follow the advice given at https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
Navigating the Big Red Bus Club
- There will be a one way route through the building to access toilets.
- Please keep an eye on the floor for spaces to wait before entering the pinch points of the gate, toilets and hand sanitiser stations.
The guidelines are changing on a regular basis and we are following them closely and will keep working hard to react to any changes as quickly as we can.
Booking 3 EASY STEPS
1 Read these information above - if you need help or to clarify anything email us [email protected]
2 Preregister your household contact details https://www.thebigredbusclub.com/outdoor_stay_and_play
If you can also print out and bring along the signed paper registration and rules of the club on your first visit that would be great. But don’t worry, we have spares when you arrive. Paper user form (word) >>
3 Online booking on https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/stay-and-play-tickets-170135460743
You know you have those days when you get home and just don't want to stand in front of the cooker for the whole night. Well I had one of those nights last night.Read more