How do you resist the most amazing cake ever? Especially when your mum has left a note saying that you MUST NOT eat the cake? Join Mandy and Lydia as they try their hardest not to eat the cake in their live story telling session on Friday 17th April.Read more
Join Leanne at 1.30pm on Tuesday 31 March as she joins Mummy Large's ongoing search for mindfullness, Zen fullfillment and a nice warm bath.
This weeks book is Welcome to Alien school by Caryl Hart and Ed Eaves. It's a great story about very different type of school, one that is in space!
Little Albie experiences green spaghetti and scooting in space.
We've written a few activities you might like to try at home.
Where do you like to sit? Catch up with Clare as she read Oi Frog Friday 27 March at 1.30pm and find out where Frog likes to sit as she reads a book dedicated to comfortable bottoms of the animal kingdom, Greenwichs very own David Attenborough. ?
Annie and helpers sang the ballad of The Old Lady who Swallowed a Fly, at 1.30pm Wednesday 25 March. This tragic tale is not for the faint hearted for either the content of the tale or the quality of the singing.
Join Annie here https://youtu.be/HGsgyBvhIig?t=245
At the end of this very boring teachers pack on page 18 onward there are some great print and cut out puppets
The Play Plus team have moved online since the temporary closure of the Big Red Bus Club to help reduce the spread of COVID-19. Each week we will post simple activities, you and your little ones can try at home based on the book of the week. But if you don't have the book, don't worry you can still try out the activities. The activities take little set up and few resources.
Do keep in touch with us on our Facebook page for more updates.
Play Plus is kindly funded by Children In Need
Check out Aum and our very hungry wolf on his journey to lure a tasty small creature from out of the Cave. Did the wolf get his tea? Aum read this colourful tale at 1.30pm Thurday 19 March 2020
You also might want to check out artsy mums website for a whole range of donut themed activities including a very fun looking recycled CD donut craft activity here>>
On Friday afternoon at 1.30pm on the 20th March read 'You're called what?"
Catch up with the recording and meet the great an all star cast of charaters including Ice Cream Cone Worm, Monkeyface Prickleback, Pink Fairy Armadillo read by the rather unexcitedly named Lydia Lings.
Lydia set an activity during the story:
Why don’t you have a look online (with the person looking after you) at what these animals look like in real life…
The blue footed booby
The Tasselled Wobbegong
The Secretary Bird Winkle
The Bone eating Snot Flower worm
The Fried Egg Jelly Fish
The Monkey Faced prickleback
The shovel nose Guitar Fish
The Pink Fairy Armadillo
The Ice Cream Cone Worm
And the Aha Ha Wasp
Then once you’ve done that why don’t you make up your own interesting creature! - What will you call it?
Outdoor Stay and Play
Our exciting, incredible and thoroughly enjoyable under five stay and play is back for summer every weekday morning. Grab your sun hats, a bottle of lotion as we bring a slice of Alicante to Charlton Park.
The safety and welfare of families, staff and volunteers is our top priority, so we kindly ask that all families adhere to the safety measures we have implemented, so that we can ensure the safest experience possible for everyone.
We recommend that you read this information carefully to understand everything you need to know before you visit, what to expect when you visit and how to book.
Find out more about your new outdoor stay and play and how we are working hard to keep everybody safe:
When will we reopen?
Bookings are time and date specified only and booked only online.
Monday to Friday 10am – 12pm term time only.
Tuesday to Thursday 1pm - 2.30pm term time only.
Who can visit
10 individual households in total for each session – a household will consist of only one adult and children under five who are from the same household or family. This does not include professional childcare providers.
Please let us know the day before if you can't attend or as soon as you can, non attenders may be unable to book tickets for future sessions.
Please do be patient with us as we take your whole households temperature and check you in. If anyone in your household has a temperature higher than 37.8 degrees Celsius you will not be admitted.
By entering our premises and signing in you are confirming your whole household has not had any signs or symptoms of Covid in the last five days.
- Toilets are available inside and a strict one household, one way system is in place. This will mean when one person needs to go, the whole household needs to go with them.
- Baby changing facilities will be available in the toilets.
- We will ask you to wipe toilet, basin, changing tray and door handle after use with the wipes provided.
- The tuckshop is closed and food and snacks are prohibited, with the exceptions of breast and bottle.
- Face coverings for adults are mandatory in the building.
- We’ve added additional signage to remind staff, families and volunteers of social distancing and handwashing guidelines.
- Additional hand sanitiser points have been implemented around the play area and adults will be responsible for children hand sanitising between using each new play equipment or undertaking new activities..
- Regular cleaning will be carried out of toys and equipment and we ask the children do not bring toys (including scooters and bikes) into the grounds.
- Please avoid touching anything including the climbing frames and toys unless you are under five, this includes others not in your household including children.
- Please do not visit if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or have any underlying health conditions that may put you at risk. If you are vulnerable in any way, it is your responsibility to make the right choice for yourself and others around you. Please follow the advice given at https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
Navigating the Big Red Bus Club
- Entrance and exit into play sessions will be staggered to avoid congestion at the front gate and signing in station.
- There will be a one way route through the building to access toilets.
- Only the outdoor areas is available for play.
- Please keep an eye on the floor for spaces to wait before entering the pinch points of the gate, toilets and hand sanitiser stations.
The guidelines are changing on a regular basis and we are following them closely and will keep working hard to react to any changes as quickly as we can.
Booking 3 EASY STEPS
1 Read these information above - if you need help or to clarify anything email us [email protected]
2 Preregister your household contact details https://www.thebigredbusclub.com/outdoor_stay_and_play
If you can also print out and bring along the signed paper registration and rules of the club on your first visit that would be great. But don’t worry, we have spares when you arrive. Paper user form (word) >>
3 Online booking on https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/outdoor-stay-and-play-tickets-148895190523
A huge thanks to City Bridge through London Funders for thier support.