Big Red Bus Club, Charlton
Data Protection Privacy Notice
Big Red Bus Club Charlton is committed to ensuring that any personal data we hold about you and your family is protected in accordance with data protection laws and is used in line with your expectations.
This privacy notice explains what personal data we collect, why we collect it, how we use it and how we protect it.
What personal data do we collect?
We collect personal data about you and your family in different ways across our organisation depending on which services you and your family use. We collect personal details
Personal details that we collect about your child include:
- your child’s name, date of birth, address
Personal details that we collect about you include:
- your name, home and work address, phone numbers, emergency contact details, and family details
This information will be collected from you directly in the registration form.
Why collect this information and the legal basis for handling your data
We use personal data about you and your child in order to provide support services to your family, collect basic demographic information on our users to raise funds for our services and fulfil our safeguarding obligations. This includes using your data to:
- contact you in case of an emergency
- to support you and your child’s wellbeing and development
- to manage any special educational, health or medical needs of your child whilst at [my/our] setting
- to keep you updated with information about [my/our] service
The data we use to monitor our projects.
If you attend a specialist project we run outside of the Big Red Bus Club afternoon Stay and Play you and your family will be asked to provide additional monitoring information so that we can measure the impact of the project and report back information and data to our funders. Appendix One of our Data Protection Policy contains a full schedule of the data we collect and its uses.
We may also record your child’s or your activities for their individual learning record. This may include photographs and videos. You will have the opportunity to withdraw your consent at any time, for images taken by confirming so in writing.
We have a legal obligation to process safeguarding related data about your child should we have concerns about their welfare. We also have a legal obligation to transfer records and certain information about your child to the school that your child will be attending.
Who we share your data with
In order for the Big Red Bus Club to deliver our services we will also share your data as required with the following categories of recipients:
- our setting software management provider Nationbuilder where we store your data
We will also share your data if:
- we are legally required to do so, for example, by law, by a court or the Charity Commission;
- to protect your child and other children; for example by sharing information with social care or the police;
- it is necessary to protect others rights, property or safety
We will never share your data with any other organisation to use for their own purposes
How do we protect your data?
We protect unauthorised access to your personal data and prevent it from being lost, accidentally destroyed, misused, or disclosed by:
Storing paper data at the Under Fives Play Centre, Charlton, London SE7 8JH
Storing electronic monitoring data on the organisations password protected OneDive (Microsoft Office)
Storing electronic personal data on the organisation CRM supplied by Nationbuilder.com
How long do we retain your data?
We retain your families personal data for up to 3 years after your family no longer uses the Big Red Bus Club, or as stated in the appendix one for specific projects at at the point of collection.
In some instances (child protection, or other support service referrals) we are obliged to keep your data for longer if it is necessary to comply with legal requirements (see our Children’s and Provider Records policies).
Your rights with respect to your data
You have the right to:
- request access, amend or correct your/your child’s personal data
- request that we delete or stop processing your/your child’s personal data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing; and
- request that we transfer you and your child’s personal data to another person
If you wish to exercise any of these rights at any time or if you have any questions, comments or concerns about this privacy notice, or how we handle your data please contact the organisation by email on firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have continue to have concerns about the way your data is handled and remain dissatisfied after raising your concern with us, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner Office (ICO). The ICO can be contacted at Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF or ico.org.uk/
Changes to this notice
Big Red Bus Club Charlton will keep this notice under regular review. You will be notified of any changes where appropriate.