Big Red Bus Club is a volunteer led family wellbeing centre. We are a dynamic local charity in a period of significant growth. Since becoming a charity in December 2016, we have started new projects and successfully diversified funding streams to underpin our future as an organisation.
The overall role of the treasurer is to maintain an overview of the BRBC financial affairs, ensure its financial viability and ensure that proper financial records and procedures are established and maintained. We are looking for an individual with financial experience and the experience to support our ambition and growth plans.
Treasurer of Big Red Bus Club
In addition to the general responsibilities of a committee member, duties of the treasurer should include the following:
- Overseeing, approving and presenting budgets, accounts and financial statements
- Being assured that the financial resources of the organisation meet its present and future needs
- Supporting the staff and volunteer team to implement and maintain financial systems
- Ensuring that the charity has an appropriate reserves policy
- Preparing and presenting financial reports to the board
- Ensuring that appropriate accounting procedures and controls are in place
- Advising on the financial implications of the organisation’s strategic plans
- Ensuring that the charity has an appropriate investment policy
- Ensuring that there is no conflict between any investment held and the aims and objects of the charity
- Ensuring that the accounts are prepared and disclosed in the form required by funders and the relevant statutory bodies – for example, the Charity Commission and/or the Registrar of Companies
- If external scrutiny of accounts is required, ensuring that the accounts are scrutinised in the manner required (independent examination or audit) and any recommendations are implemented
- Keeping the board informed about its financial duties and responsibilities
Contributing to the fundraising strategy of the organisation
In addition to the person specification for a trustee, it would be desirable for the treasurer to have the following qualities:
- Financial qualifications and experience
- Some experience or knowledge of charity finance, fundraising and pension schemes
- A willingness to be available to staff for advice and enquiries on an ad hoc basis
To download this job description as a PDF click here>>
We are really proud of our volunteers, we are an amazing team that work together to support local families. We are having a week of activities so that if your interested in taking the plunge and volunteering with us you can get some more information, have a chat and get to know us.
As a volunteer you will get support, training and a programme of activities so that you are empowered to succeed - we include our families because we all have families.
Please do drop by and find out more.
Big Red Bus Club is run by and led by volunteers, local people giving their time, skills and ideas to ensure that we can stay open.
We are currently looking to expand out Stay and Play volunteer team, we are really proud of our work supporting each other with access to:
- training and qualifications
- team building activities
- working with your children
If this interests you do take a look at the job description here>>>
Or find out more about our volunteers stories here>>>Become a volunteer